In motorsports, being at the forefront of technology and innovation plays a big role in your competitiveness. There are many different advancements that have improved motorsports over the years, but maybe none so widely used as carbon fiber. It's in framework, brakes, seats, helmets, hoods, doors, hatches, you name it and now it's in our watches.
The Carbon Limited features a woven carbon fiber dial that luckily won't cost $24,000 like this left-pictured Mercedes SLR McLaren carbon ceramic rotor costs, but we'll get to pricing later. For now, let's look at the features and specs the Carbon Limited includes.
The Carbon's chapter ring, now black, still holds the cam degree wheel of past Advance models, beyond that the dial is all-new. Aside from the real carbon fiber base, the dial now features custom to the Carbon Limited applied indices for the all new broad sword-style hands to point at.
BGW9 Super Luminova adorns the Carbon Limited's indices and hands much like our traditional Advance model. An option that will be available during the pre-order is the choice of our traditional non-lumed gauge needle second hand or a tail lumed second hand, both of which can be seen in the image below. Another unique option to be had, the Carbon Limited comes in both a standard and a shifted dial variant. Shifted dials are extremely limited to just 9 models.
Like the Hi-Viz limited, the Carbon Limited will continue on with the tire tread design strap. This variant is reverse to the Hi-Viz model with the thin portion of the tread being pressed into the leather. The Carbon's strap is tapered from 22 to 20mm which gives the watch its self a little more presence appearance on the wrist. Like all of our other leather straps, these will be 100% handmade in-house with one of the best leathers available out there.
The case back of the Carbon Limited gives you a glimpse into your timepiece's inner workings. The well known NH-35 automatic movement gets a customized touch with the Aevum shield laser engraved onto the rotor. We're proud of our components and so are the people who create them, so as per our tradition every country with a large hand in helping our Aevum models become reality has their flag on the back.
Carbon Limited Specs
- Dimensions: 42mm x 48mm case that sits 11.5mm high on the wrist and has a 22mm lug width
- Case: 316L stainless steel, ion plated for additional scratch resistance.
- Water Resistance: The Carbon Limited Advance has a screw down crown and is water resistant up to 200 Meters (20ATM)
- Crystal: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating
- Dial: Real woven carbon fiber dial with BGW9 Super Luminova lumed applied indices
- Movement: Seiko's NH35A automatic movement with Aevum engraved rotor, viewable through the exhibition case back
- Leather strap: The Carbon Limited comes with one 100% handmade by us in-house tire tread leather strap in your choice of distressed black or chocolate finish. Our leather straps are built 120mm/80mm long and taper from 22mm to 20mm at the laser engraved Aevum buckle.
- Nylon strap: Built specifically for the Carbon Limited, the black nylon one piece strap features a single yellow racing strips to match the yellow accents of the dial.
- Second hand: Your choice of a lumed end yellow second hand or traditional non-lumed yellow second hand.
Each Carbon Limited model will come with:
Carbon Limited Advance automatic watch
Aevum handmade leather watch strap in your choice of finish
Carbon Limited black and yellow nylon one piece strap
Strap removal tool
Real carbon fiber warranty card with 2 year manufacturer defect warranty
EVA carbon-print carry case
Retail pricing for the Carbon Limited kit will come in at $390 CAD. Pre-orders will most likely be priced at $350 CAD during the Kickstarter campaign.
We hope you're looking forward to this model's release! If you'd like to be notified before launch, please subscribe to our newsletter on the main page of our website.